RME DIGIFACE DANTE 256-Channel 192Khz USB Audio Interface
The Digiface Dante is a lightweight, portable audio interface, combining Dante network connectivity and features with everything that RME is famous for: USB 3, MADI, TotalMix FX and outstanding options in both USB and stand-alone operation.
Digiface Dante uses RME’s well-known USB driver for Windows and macOS, with lowest latency and industry leading stability, and is equipped with the latest TotalMix FX for flexible routing or mixing operations. High quality phones output offers a quick listen to any audio channel, but can also be used as line output to provide an additional analog stereo mixdown.
Two BNC sockets for word clock I/O are switchable to MADI I/O, with up to 64 channels. The total sum of Dante and MADI, 128 channels, are transferred via USB 3.0 and handled via both Dante control software and RME’s TotalMix FX, for full and struggle-free control of all audio.
Audinate’s Dante protocol combines with the industry-renowned reliability of RME Audio devices
Dante is an audio over IP protocol by Audinate. The Digiface Dante is a USB 3.0 from/to Dante interface, adding an external and fully mobile option to the internally used Dante PCIe card. Digiface Dante uses RME’s matured MADIface Series driver for Windows and macOS, with lowest latency and industry leading stability. Equipped with the latest TotalMix FX it can not only route, but also mix as many independent submixes as outputs are available. The included high quality phones output offers a quick listen to any audio channel, but can also be used as line output to provide an additional analog stereo mixdown. Equipped with the largest Dante module 64 channel can be sent and received via network.
RME made the two BNC sockets for word clock I/O switchable to MADI I/O, with up to 64 channels. The total sum of Dante and MADI, 128 channels, are transferred via USB 3.0 and handled via both Dante control software and RME’s TotalMix FX, for full and struggle-free control of all audio.
Explore new Ways to transport Audio
Equipped with two banks of redundant network ports, the Digiface Dante is more than just an audio interface. It also offers the functionality of a switch, connecting up to 4 network lines, removing the need for further switches to distribute and collect network lines, or offers redundancy operation with 2-port connectivity for both the primary and secondary network.
Used without USB the Digiface Dante automatically turns into a 64-channel Dante / MADI converter. The analog stereo output can be preconfigured to send out a mix of exactly those channels that are needed. Full network redundancy and switch functionality are also available. With USB bus power operation and an external power supply connection a stable and redundant power supply is ensured. As Dante has become AES67 compatible, the Digiface Dante supports another format on the network side for even greater flexibility and more applications.
TotalMix FX and TotalMix Remote
Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface Series also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs.
RME Digiface Dante Features:
- 256-channel Dante/MADI/USB 3.0 audio interface
- Stream up to 64 channels of 192kHz audio to and from a Dante network
- Dual Word Clock ports can operate as a MADI I/O with up to 64 additional channels
- 2 banks of redundant Dante ports can also function as a switch, connecting up to 4 network lines
- Operates as a handy 64-channel Dante-to-MADI converter sans USB
- TotalMix FX mixing software gives you unlimited routing of inputs and outputs
- TotalMix Remote supplies remote control via iOS device, PC, or Mac
- Bus powered for convenient portability
- Computer Connectivity:Ethernet
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O:64 x 64 (Dante), 64 x 64 (MADI)
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- USB:1 x Type B 3.0
- Data I/O:2 x RJ-45 (primary), 2 x RJ-45 (secondary)
- Network:Dante, MADI
- Clock I/O:In/Out
- Software:TotalMix FX, TotalMix Remote (iOS, PC, Mac)
- Bus Powered:Yes
- Power Supply:9V-15V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Manufacturer Part Number:Digiface Dante